5-Gallon Container of Solvent Base ChimneySaver Water Repellent - CS-WR5-S - 300034
This solvent-based water repellent is a penetrating water repellent which contains a proprietary modified siloxane. This solvent-based siloxane penetrates masonry up to 1/4" or more depending on surface porosity and moisture content at the time of application. ChimneySaver Water-Solvent Water Repellent reacts with the minerals in masonry in the presence of ultraviolet light and atmospheric moisture. This reaction forms strong permanent bonds beneath the surface and creates a hydrophobic zone that prevents water molecules from penetrating, while allowing free migration of water vapors. The chemical bonds formed in this process allow ChimneySaver Water-Solvent Water Repellent to become an integral part of the substrate and provide long term water repellent protection. Note: Due to new VOC regulations, the sale of ChimneySaver Solvent Base has been prohibited in certain states, including California, Connecticut, Delaware, Illinois, Indiana, Washington D.C., Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont and Virginia. If you are located in one of these states, you will need to use our VOC compliant formula. According to the Brick Industry Association, chimneys require special attention and maintenance to prevent costly damage caused by water penetration. Because chimneys project above the roof line, they are vulnerable to the elements. Nearly every chimney you encounter has signs of water damage! The first step is to determine the cause, then find the best corrective measures. ChimneySaver, the first product developed specifically for chimneys, has been used successfully by leading chimney professionals for nearly 20 years. It reduces water penetration into the masonry by 99.9%, according to ASTM tests conducted at the University of Wyoming. It's also 100% vapor permeable, which means it won't trap water vapors that may pass through the bricks when the chimney is in use, unlike other products found in most hardware or home improvement stores. Those products when applied to a masonry chimney can actually slow down water vapors as they pass through the chimney leading to water damage.
WARNING: Carcinogens: This product can expose you to chemicals including Lead, which is [are] known to the State of California to cause cancer. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.